[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The second annual Red CentreNATS is already one for the record books before it has even started with a huge increase of entries confirmed over the inaugural event’s total in 2015.
At the time of online entries closing, an incredible 552 entrants had signed up to take part in the ultimate festival of wheels in the heart of Australia. That figure represents an increase of over 20% on 2015 figures and with entries still available at the event, that figure is sure to jump even higher.
Furthermore, details show there is close to 200 interstate entrants making the journey to the red centre from as far away as Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. Many of these interstate entrants attended the first Red CentreNATS and weren’t going to miss the chance to do it all again.
In 2015 more than $12 million was injected into the economy from entrants and spectators during the event week, a great boost for Alice Springs and the Northern Territory.
Red CentreNATS Key Event Highlights
- More than 600 entrants expected from all over Australia including Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane.
- 13,000+ spectators expected to attend during the weekend
- In 2015 visitors to the Red CentreNATS provided a massive boost for local business by spending $12 million during their stay.
- The Red CentreNATS Street Parade is Australia’s largest street machine parade and has quickly become one of the most spectacular activities of the event. Over 300 cars will join the procession through the centre of Alice Springs as thousands of locals line the streets to welcome the event.
- Thanks to the unique opportunity of temporary registration permits, Street Cruising will be permitted for entrants in highly modified machines that have otherwise never been able to drive on the streets. This has been a central component to the success of the event and is thanks to the Northern Territory Government.
- For the first time, motorbikes from the Harley Owners Group will be travelling from as far away as Mount Isa and Darwin to be part of the show. The huge Harley Davidson transporter H-D1 will be on display throughout the weekend. The H.O.G.’s will also lead the Street Parade on Friday.
- Aussie rock royalty, in the form of ARIA Hall of fame inductees ‘The Angels’ will be centre stage as the headline act to kick off Friday night’s 96.9FM Rock N Rumble concert with a bang. Rocking some classic Australian anthem’s The Angels are sure to excite the fans and set the tone for a huge weekend celebration.
- 20 of Australia’s wildest burnout machines and their drivers have been invited from all over Australia to take part in the action packed Burnout Masters competition with prizemoney, trophies and the top 3 receiving entry into the Summernats Burnout Masters.
- Entrants this year to the Burnout Masters include the current Summernats National Burnout Masters Champion, Andrew Pool in his ‘IBLOWN’ Holden VC Commodore.
- Separately, the Red CentreNATS Burnout Competition will be open to all entrants with great prizemoney and trophies on offer for those who can shred tyres with the most success in front of the appreciative crowds with the three highest qualifiers from Saturday making it into the Burnout Masters final on Sunday.
- Drag Racing will be held at ASID. Qualifying heats and grudge racing, where entrants can take on their mates, will take place on Saturday, and on Sunday, the finals will take place with one racer becoming the Red CentreNATS Drag Racing Champion.
- The Shannons Show n Shine gets the fans up close and personal with the collection of automotive masterpieces on display in the halls and on the lawns of Blatherskite Park.
- The exciting Thrifty Grass Driving tests driving prowess and car agility. There are two timed courses with the winner crowned the Grass Driving Champion.
- For those who crave the science of horsepower and want to hear highly tuned engines revving to redline, the Diggamen Dyno Cell is the place to be. The Dyno allows engine horsepower to be exactly measured and is a terrific spectacle. Bragging rights are on offer for the biggest numbers produced.
- The Lasseters Motorkhana is a driving event designed to test skill and accuracy as competitors navigate through a tight course as fast as possible.
- Come Sunday night at Red CentreNATS, the Podium Party will swing in to gear as a way to cap off a huge weekend at the ultimate festival of wheels. Award presentations and celebrations will be the order of the evening with the party continuing with live entertainment as the champions are crowned. ·
For more information on Red CentreNATS including ticket prices and a full event program, head to www.redcentrenats.com.au. Alternatively in Alice Springs, you can purchase tickets at local Camera House, Intersport & Hot Stuff 4 The Sporting Buff stores.
Jos Roder | Red CentreNATS Media Management | Ph: (03) 9467 9988 | E-mail email@example.com